Wednesday, March 20, 2013

So, lets talk about my full time job.

No, I don't mean the one I get paid for. I reckon I'll be bitching about that soon enough.

I'm talking about the fact that I'm a major league procrastinator, 12 years running. I'm staring to hate it, though, and I'm trying to convert to being a perfectionist. Shit is hard. Kudos to all you perfectionists out there. I think I spend more time avoiding things (namely homework and like, dishes) than I do actually working on them, and that's kinda bullshit.

So, as a result of this, I had a small panicky mental breakdown the other day. And I bought a weekly planner. One of those ones that look like a calendar and have tear away weeks. That you actually have to write on. Because if its a situation where I can easily delete something, girl you know I'm gonna.

So far, it's going alright. I missed a bunch of the points yesterday, but hit them all on Monday. It's only Wednesday, and I'm not hella stressed about things thus far. I know it's early in the game but just having a plan written out is exceptionally helpful, at least so I know where I'm headed and what I still have to do.

So I guess organization isn't all bad, even if it started as a homework stalling tactic.

No comments:

Post a Comment